Monday, April 4, 2011

Inkspiration Colour Challenge #64

Hello my Stamping Friends. It's Challenge time, and boy! was it challenging....For some reason I just sat there staring at the four colours and getting no inspiration at all.
I sat there yelling help..help...HELP PLEASE!!
Karlee and Allanna came to the rescue. I try not to use the same stamp sets as the other challengers, so we eliminated heaps and then Karlee just handed me the Pendant Park set.
Her exact words were "Start with this and create MUM - you can do it"
The idea was JUST BE SIMPLE.

Maybe the next thing I have to learn is to be a better photographer. This card is very shimmery and elegant but the photo doesn't show it. I deleted so many photos trying to get it right....Sorry.
I will have to explain what I used.

Cajun Craze for the card base, then layers of Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade, More Mustard - that has been sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Paint(gold), then Very Vanilla on top.
The fern tree image has been colour thumped with Poppy Parade, More Mustard and Cajun Craze then shimmered. The park bench was stamped with Cajun Craze and then shimmered too. Stamped the border in Cajun Craze and added the three gold brads. Lots of dimensionals and it done.
The card is very shimmery and golden but not over powering. The golden accent goes wonderfully with this colour palette. I decided not to put words on this one, I like the clean and simple look this time.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog

Love Suzie xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie, Congratulations on your card. I love how you inked the fern tree, its so beautiful. Very rich looking, Well Done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThIs is such a beautiful card - the colouring on the tree is perfect!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree looks sooo amazing!! I love all the colour flecks thru it and the the shimmer is super! SMiles SHArnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning Suzie! Beautiful design. :)

    ReplyDelete